Table Mountain Hike in Cape Town
Hike to the peak of stunning Table Mountain on this 4-hour tour in Cape Town and enjoy breathtaking city, coast and countryside views! Led by a friendly local guide, the leisurely paced hike follows a picture-perfect route to Platteklip Gorge, culminating at the mountain's flat-topped ridge. Pose for photos, ogle views over the Cape of Good Hope and the mountain range known as the Twelve Apostles, and then descend to Cape Town.
Start your tour with a hotel pickup and then meet your guide at the base of Table Mountain — South Africa's iconic flat-topped mountain that dominates the city of Cape Town. Both a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the New7Wonders of Nature, the mountain boasts incredible scenery with stunning vistas plus flora and fauna, too.
Listen to an introduction about Table Mountain's geology, and then start your ascent, climbing the stone steps up to Platteklip Gorge. Setting a steady pace, your guide will stop plenty of times on the way to let you catch your breath and admire the city skyscape as it drops into the background.
Your walk to the flat ridge of Table Mountain takes roughly two hours, following gently winding paths and stone-stepped trails; it's not a simple route up, but one that adds to the aura of bliss when you hit the top. Look inland to see the Hinterland's hazy blue-tinged mountains and then out toward Cape Town's harbor and the ocean that stretches as far as the eye can see.
Enjoy some free time at the summit to pose for pictures against the backdrops of False Bay, the Cape Winelands and the dramatic Cape of Good Hope, and then start your descent to the bottom. Watch the coastline take center stage, and marvel at the Atlantic coastline framed by the Twelve Apostles. Your tour then finishes with a hotel drop-off in the early afternoon.
- Food and drinks
- Hiking clothing and shoes
- Cable car ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please ensure that you wear comfortable walking shoes/clothes, it is also recommended that you bring a sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen and a light jacket as it will be cooler at the summit
- It is recommended that you bring water with you for the hike (up to 2 litres)