Cape Point Sightseeing Tour
Take a scenic drive down to the stunning Cape Point, part of the Table Mountain National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This half day tour is the easiest way to see some of the most spectacular scenery in South Africa, taking in the Chapmans Peak coastal road, Hout Bay Harbour, and the African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach.
Start your half day tour to the Cape Point by driving along the rugged Atlantic coastline with its towering mountains and white sandy beaches. Soon, you will arrive in Hout Bay, the historical harbour and fishing point, overlooked by the impressive Sentinal peak. From here, you will begin the spectacular coastal drive along the world-famous Chapmans Peak Road. This road hugs the near vertical mountain face between Hout Bay and Noordhoek.
Arriving at the Cape of Good Hope Nature reserve, where you will make your way down to Cape Point. This rocky outcrop was known as the Cape of Storms due to the number of vessels that where shipwrecked along the coastline. You will have the opportunity to walk to the old lighthouse at the Point.
Returning from Cape Point you will follow the coastal road along False Bay, through the historic navy base, Simons Town. You will then have the chance to stop and view the world famous African Penguin colony at Boulders beach (at own expense). Then pass through then popular holiday resort, of Muizenburg before return to the Cape Town City Centre.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Optional visit to penguin colony
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day.
- On certain days, Chapmans Peak drive will be closed on these days the tour will travel via the Ou Kaapse Weg